background

Friday, April 5, 2013

Kiwi Lane Blog Hop

Welcome!  I am very excited to be the 4th stop on the Blog Hop for Kiwi Lane!  If you're coming here from Charity's blog, you're on the right track.  If not, head on over to Kiwi Lane and start from the beginning.  A great prize opportunity awaits you!

I received the Celebrate templates to work with.  My creative gears started to turn as soon as I had them in my hands.  The possibilities are endless as to what you can create with them.


The first thing I made was a layout about my husband's recent college graduation and new job.


I used Celebrate 1,2,3 and 8





I used #8 under the photo and #3 reminded me of a ticket, so I used it behind the photo as a "ticket to success".  Celebrate 1 and 2 look like balloons and are two different sizes, so I decided to cut off the bottom, add a stripe to the middle, layer the two sizes and make a hot air balloon.  Then I drew in a basket and strings to finish it off.


Next, I wanted to make a shadow box project for my daughter's room.


I used Celebrate 5 to make a cloud out of white felt and with 6 different ribbons, I folded each to make my rainbow.
Now I have a cute display for my daughter's bedroom!
Now, a random winner from ONE of the 10 blogs (including the Kiwi Lane blog), will be given a $25 gift certificate to the Kiwi Lane Shop, just for leaving a comment at each stop.  Easy peasy.  Head on over to Marisa Torp's blog next!

Thanks for stopping by and good luck!

48 comments:

  1. LOVE the shadow box idea...my daughter loves rainbows, so I may have to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout and colorful shadow box :) love the different elements in the layout.. thank you for giveaway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl! That is some fantastic work! I love that layout!!! The little frame artwork is so adorable! You rocked those templates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the page and love the use of all the templates and how you used them but I am in LOVE with the framed art for your daughter. I just got back from a Stampin Up class last night where we do a monthly art piece to go in our shadow box and I am loving the framed art lately. My daughter is having a little girl in 19 weeks and this would be so cute in her room. Great job on both projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such clever uses of the celebrate templates. I love that hot air ballon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ticket to success..... clever.
    Hot air balloon ..... absolutely amazing!!!

    Love your idea. Love creativity !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the balloon templates. Don't know if I would have thought to layer them, and its a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shadow box! What a cool project Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! Love the layered balloon!! And the shadowbox rainbow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shadow box is darling. Love the ribbon idea with the cloud. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hot air balloon is very clever......and I will be making layout soon from the ride I took my hubby on for his birthday......thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the white space, the spray ink, and the sky references! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE the shadowbox idea!! The hot air balloon was pretty clever as well. Thanks for the inspiration -- I just added another project to my ever-growing list :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hot air balloon and how you use d the ticket behind the photo and your daughter's shadow box is super sticking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really like the graduation layout! Congratulations by the way- I know that isn't easy- having a husband in college with kids, wonderful accomplishment! The rainbow is super cute! Thank you for the sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That shadow box is adorable! You do some awfully cute stuff with ribbon and clouds! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful layout and I love your ribbon rainbow. You have such great idea's. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like the openess of the page. Shows you don't have to cover the whole page. rainbow is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the hot air balloon! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the hot air balloon on the layout and the rainbow is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job Jen. I'm really proud of all of the amazing work you've done. Thanks for letting me be in your project :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very very cute! I love both of your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats to your husband on his graduation & new job and to you for a great layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card and ribbon rainbow congrats to the graduate

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great use of templates and what a great ribbon rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the idea for the rainbow, very interesting use!

    ReplyDelete
  27. the rainbow is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the balloon and the rainbow is terrific

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like the hot air balloon and the rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  30. This project is better than the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. What a darling idea with the ribbon!! Love the l/o of your hubby...wishing him the very best of success.
    Creative Wishes
    Claire S
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pam Wesson:....I loved the way you folded the ribbon and used the ice cream scoop/cloud for the decoration. Very nice! Your layout for your hubby's graduation was nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The hot air balloon is such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  33. These shapes are really fun for summer pages.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both projects are fabulous!! One of my daughters would love that framed rainbow. Putting it on my scrappy to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  35. VERY cute projects Jen!! Love how you though outside the box (or template!) Hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your framed rainbow is so cute! What a creative way to use the templates!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ohhh that rainbow ribbon project is SO gorgeous! And I love how you layered the balloon in that layout.

    ReplyDelete